Monday, May 31, 2010

reflection.

So it's been a little while. A month. My mom made it. We explored London, Paris and Munich; and had a fantastic time. I realized how I really am turning into my mother. But also how that is not a bad thing. After my mom and I flew home I slept in my bed for one night and then headed straight for Madison. Mifflin to be exact. I got to see my lovely ladies and gents while being reminded how much I love and missed Madison culture. Then I jetted back to Mankato for a week of anticipation. I arrived in San Francisco after a three hour delay, but in one piece with all my nerves on edge. It was almost exactly as I had imaged it would be. Bennett standing there with his arms crossed and a sight smile on his face. We didn't make a scene, just hugging and soaking up each others presence. After that things became a blur. We stayed in San Fran for two nights; saw Haight Street and went to a Giants game(where I got to see the wonderful Caroline!) And then took the train back to Bennett's before spending five days with his family, who are always the best hosts I could ask for. I ate way too much amazing food, but what else is new :) We drove back to Minnesota... ha, it turned out to be a good trip overall, not saying we didn't fight...but the good times always out way the bad. We stopped at Mt. Rushmore because Bennett had never seen it, and really enjoyed ourselves even though we got rained on. My 21st birthday was a success! We celebrated properly and didn't really move the next day which is always good and then I was back in Madison. Which is where i sit now, in my living room once again. As right as it feels to be back it comes with a weird sense of unbelievement(probably not a word?) Sometimes it seems as though London wasn't real, like a random page in a book. Yet I still have the new friends I made and I'm faced with the questions of how to balance everything in my life. Old friends, new friends, boyfriends, work; the neverending circle of wants and needs pulling at me. I need to relax. I need to not worry. I need to learn how to not stress! It just seems impossible at times. I love life right now though. Sand volleyball, grill outs, the terrace. As the real world threatens to enter my bubble I push it away and immerse myself once again the life of a college student. One more year. But what a great year it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment