Monday, March 29, 2010

bits and pieces.

i'm going to do another random assortment adventures to catch me up...

1.) first I have now had the chance to become one of the crazy fans I swore never to become. On the opening night of Remember Me, a few of the girls from the program and I waited a few..okay four hours in front of the movie theater in order to get a prime spot to see Robert Pattinson himself. And I was not disappointed. In fact I'm a little sad to admit how giddy I got, giggling as he signed autographs right in front of me and said in his sexy British accent, "ahh, I'm getting bombarded." It was also very cool to see how a movie premier works and the time and effort it takes a lot of people to make the event happen.

2.) We also went to go see Rupert Friend in "A little dog Laughed" which was very good. Probably the best comedy I've seen in London so far, and afterward we waited by the stage door and got to meet Mr. Friend himself and of course get a picture :)

3.) I went to Bath on Friday and loved the city. It was cute, with a lot of history and a hilly landscape. I'm really happy with how much of England I've got to see going on pound trips through our program. Bath was our last day trip, but I'm going to continue seeing the English country by traveling to the Southern Coast this weekend with my bestest friend Marissa from home! 24 hours until she's here!

4.) In those 24 hours though, I have a paper to write for my Lit class, and I can't seem to make myself start...! I wrote my Contemporary Britain paper last night, and I can safely say the work I've done in London has not only been some of the hardest to accomplish, it's very close to the weakest work I've ever handed in as well... which makes me worried for next semester... in which i'll be a senior! I can't convey in words how much that scares me.

5.) A month from today I'll be hopping on a plane back to the United States. No matter how much I miss certain people and am happy to be heading back to see them, it makes me sad to think about leaving in only 30 days. I feel that I learned so much in the time I've been here. Not just the history and geography of London, but things about myself; the people I want in my life, the things i want to accomplish in the future, the personal space I require, and the ultimate knowledge that I can travel an ocean away and still be myself and build a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment