Tuesday, April 6, 2010

As I lie awake...

Lately getting to sleep at night has become a difficult task; not because I am not worn out from my days here, but because my head is constantly going over and over the same things. These things mostly revolve around numbers.

22 - the present number of days I have left in Europe.
17 - the current number of days I have left in London.
16 - the number of days until mom gets to London!
34 - the number of days until I am back in Bennett's arms.
24 - the number of days until I reunited with Madison and all the wonderful people I miss there.

But for every number there is a crazy set of emotions that go with it.

22 - It's SO close, I can't even imagine flying home at this point.
17 - Is that enough time to see everything I've missed? Will I be able to maintain the friendships I've made once we're back in Madison?
16 - I can't believe my mom's coming so soon! I can't wait to show her around... I really hope everything works out, she doesn't forget anything, her jet lags not too much to handle, etc, etc
34 - So close yet so far away...
24 - How will things have changed since I left? Will I fit right back in? Or be out side of my best friend circle?

I over analyze everything. I always have, and probably always will. Que sera sera has been entering into my head a lot lately and I try to remind myself that everything will work out the way it is meant to. I am also in the process of trying to figure out what I am going to do with my, as Bennett so eloquently put it, pointless major... Life after college is just now entering into my mind, and scaring the crap out of me. As much as this semester abroad has helped me figure out who I am, it has not really helped in what i want to be.

My nights may be consumed with unnecessary stress, but my days are filled with lovely London weather as of late, and trying to finish off my Semester to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment