Tuesday, February 9, 2010

downtime?!

In preparing for Scotland this weekend(we leave thursday!) I have tried very hard to not spend money or get sick; two things that seem to be very hard to avoid in London. A lot of people on my program are passing around an English cold. On Sunday I decided to rest after a long weekend and watched American TV and movies in bed and talked to my mom, dad and alex via skype. Sunday night was also the super bowl over here, even though it started at 11:40pm, I stayed up until 3 to see the final score. We got to see the American commercials as well, although I wasn't too impressed with any. Getting up Monday morning was hard to say the least, I don't do well with lack of sleep, but I made it through class(we watched 'The Queen' which I really enjoyed) and then we walked to a very English Pub called Maggie Jones for a group lunch. For those of you who are not familiar with my program, there are 45 students and we what we call 'pound trips' where we pay a pound to sign up for activities and events that our program organizes. The lunch was a pound trip and we gathered around a huge table as our three course meal was served. I got garlic buttered mushrooms as a starter, then the steak(which i thought was going to be a steak) stew, and bread and butter pudding. Everything was amazing, I think I want to say best meal of the trip so far because it was so hearty and fulfilling. I took a wonderful two and half nap when I got home, watched a movie and then headed back to sleep the night away. This week has been wonderful for catching up on rest and relaxing in our flat.

I cannot wait for Edinburgh!!! It has been wonderful to get to know London so well before going out and exploring but I am ready to see the beauty of Scotland and enjoy time away from a city that never rests.

No comments:

Post a Comment