Thursday, February 4, 2010

odds and ends

This afternoon when I returned from Screenwriting I decided to try and wash some underwear and socks. Instead of spending money and walking to metrogate, I decided to try using the tub. You know, old school, wash yourself, dry on a line type of washing clothes. I filled the tub with steaming hot water and start to throw my dirty clothes in. What I should have realized though, was that i was throwing A LOT of clothes in the tub. The underwear were quick washes, from the tub I took them to the sink, rinsed, and hung on the drying rack. Then I found a shirt...which i didn't realize I had thrown in, but I washed it, and moved on to the socks. This is where I went wrong. Socks are gross, I never want to hand wash socks ever again in my life. There was hair and dirt and now they're going to dry all stretched out, and it's just horrible! But if you have been reading my blog you'll notice this is the first time I'm writing about laundry. Yes, today marks being in London four weeks, and i brought enough clothes to go this long with out having to clean them :) I am very proud of myself. I also made my bed with new sheets and feel accomplished.

Last night Andrea and I watched Dirty Dancing, one of my all time favorite movies, in my bed, just like we had done two nights before only watching Cruel Intentions. Great movie week, but I will have to be more careful in picking movies next time because love stories matched with not seeing your own lover boy for five months can prove to be a tad bit depressing. But still great, because who wants to feel sad when Patrick Swayze is shaking his hips and telling parents that 'no one puts Baby in a corner'?!

I finally got to talk to Marissa and work out when we will be able to see each other as well! She's going to come experience London March 30th and we'll try to travel to another country that weekend! I can't wait to show her the history and culture of the city (i'm a pretty good tour guide you know). I encourage anyone else studying in Europe this semester(or at home if you want to venture over for your sb!) to not hesitate facebooking me about coming to London!

Tonight we're going back to Church Hill Arms for dinner and then on a pub crawl as Alyssa's friend Alex is coming for a visit, then tomorrow off to Oxford, I'll be sure to update you after said events actually take place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment