Monday, January 18, 2010

so many ups! one down.

Disclaimer: This blog is kind of a diary for my time here, this post may contain emotion and mushy love comments that you can skip and not read at any time.

London is amazing. It has entered into to the spot of favorite city in my heart and I now continue to embark on the journey of getting to live here for four months. Everything I do is a new experience and everywhere I go I learn more about the history of the city and of it's people. Saturday consisted of waking up hung over after a wonderful night of dancing and drinking at the Union Pub/random dance club across the hall and we ventured off to find the British Museum where our favorite tour guide Brit took us around and I got to see some of the amazing art I studied all senior year in AP Art History! Yesterday we went to the best outdoor market called Petticoat Lane Market where I purchased a pair of super cute flats for 4 pounds and a pair of pants for 6. I'd been super worried about my pants situation because I found a little rip(butt of course) in my light pair of jeans two days ago and the button came off on my dark skinny jeans(my favorite pair!) so I was happy to find cheap jeans that I think will work. They were a little skinny, but meant to be that way, so they'll be going-out pants as Andrea says. Anyways afterward, Andrea, Ellie and I explored the city; I had my first experience with real Indian food and loved it. We got veggie somoa's and they were delicious, they made my mouth burn but i went and got free samples of ice cream at this cafe which cured it.(although the guy giving me samples probably wasn't too happy I didn't buy anything :) Andrea and I also went to watch the Viking's game with Andy and Matt last night. We went to the Sport Bar, which is just a huge ESPNZone. There was a huge crowd and we ended up sitting on the floor but right in front of the huge screen. Vikes Won! And i'll get to wear my vikings shirt again next Sunday! Holla!

All of these things are wonderful, and I wouldn't give up this experience for anything, but I do miss a certain boy quite a lot. It's funny that we decided to take a break to not put pressure on the relationship when no matter what title we use it doesn't stop me from wishing I could be with him. It's the down time that gets to me, sitting in the flat while he's sleeping. My hope is that this will feeling will ease because I know time is going to fly by. It seems like I've been here for months when it's really only a few weeks. I still have so much of London to see and so much of Europe to explore. We tried to book our trip to Scotland tonight, and I shouldn't say we tried, because I succeeded. I was the only one who's credit card worked when we reserved our train tickets, so as of now I'm going to Edinburgh by myself! Kind of scary but the rest of the girls will figure it out tomorrow, we all booked our hostel so we're for sure going! First of as many weekend trips I can fit in (and afford) I hope!

Anyways, long story short. I love it here, I just want to soak in as much as possible and keep as busy as possible for more reasons than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment