Saturday, January 9, 2010

View from the Top

Growing up the only time I ever remember sharing a room with others was when first, I had nightmares and my parents were lucky enough to have me grace them with my presence, second, getting to have friends over to sleep on my floor, and third, going to my grandma's where she always enjoyed my company. Those are a little different than my loft Freshman year of college and the present situation of bunk beds. Oh bunk beds. It was never a childhood dream of mine to have a bunk bed with my brother, or even just to have them for when friends came over. In fact as I walked to my room two days ago bunk beds never crossed my mind, that was until I opened the door and alas alyssa had taken the one bed on the floor(don't worry alyssa we all would have done the same thing). But now came the question of whether or not to take the top bunk or the bottom? My first instinct was of course the bottom, i felt like that would have been the logical thing to do. But I decided I didn't care and that Andrea might like the bottom better so I i threw my bag on the top bunk. I've decided this view from the top has really enlighten me. how you ask. no idea, just trying to make the best out of a probably bad decision. ha, no really, I kind of enjoy sitting on the top bunk with my laptop and book with space to breathe. The book that sits next to me is a historical, a historical romance to be exact, and it involves a Duke. We walked down millionaires row (now billionaires row) a few days ago and it contains the flats(houses) of two dukes. When i figure out a way into their circles I'll update you on those details later. :)

On to more details about real life, Saturday we went on a three hour site seeing tour and I think, if possible, every book i've ever read that took place in London came alive within my imagination. We saw the places where harry potter's world became real and every King and Queen has been crowned(Westminster Abbey). Everything i've ever dreamed London to be has become real. Besides the carriages and outfits adorned in previous centuries. I wish I had an endless amount space in my brain to remember every word that is being told to me right now, but since i do not have a photographic memory i'm just trying to hang on to everything possible.

Yesterday we went to Harrod's, the largest and most beautiful store I have ever been in. (Note to self, if you ever grow up to be rich take a trip back here just to shop) It was a very pretty store but completely unrealistic in terms of my spending budget for this semester. We went out to a Thai restaurant last night which was located in the back of a lovely little pub and it was brilliant. I have to admit I didn't start eating Thai food until very recently but it was the best I'd ever had. We are already planning to go back.

Today I had my first class, in a pretty small room, but with a great lecturer(like Professor, but that term is not really used here). I'm sooo excited for my Contemporary Britain (which is like a poli sci class) and History of London. I probably raised my hand in class too much this morning to answer questions but I just couldn't help myself, I'm too happy learning more about the political system that i'm so curious about.

No comments:

Post a Comment